Maximize Your Success
Vendor, purchaser, landlord or tenant: you need a commercial real estate professional to fight your corner: a commercial real estate broker with an impeccable reputation, a proven track record, a deep pool of contacts, market knowledge, expertise, access to market data and leading edge information technology … a commercial real estate firm whose objectives are perfectly aligned with your own, someone you would trust with your first born. We have built our commercial real estate business on long term relationships dating back over four decades in Atlantic Canada. From our head office in Halifax and our satellite offices in Saint John, Charlottetown, St. John’s and Toronto our real estate Brokerage Team provides sale, purchase, lease and rental services for commercial properties in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Our primary emphasis is on commercial real estate located within a 100 kilometre radius of the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM).
Our Brokerage Team has expertise in most types of commercial real estate: industrial, office, retail, multi-family (apartments), hotel or motel, acting for owners wishing to lease, sell or purchase as well as tenants seeking rental space. Since they are salaried they can focus on your long tem interests rather than “the deal”.
Harness Our Resources
Individuals or companies seeking to sell, buy, lease or rent industrial, commercial or investment (ICI) real estate often select a commercial real estate broker based on size; assuming it is a surrogate for the resources the broker will bring to bear. A more nuanced approach is to identify what resources can best fulfill the vendor, purchaser, landlord or tenant’s objective and then to select a commercial broker who has those resources and is willing to commit them with sufficient intensity to accomplish the assignment within the desired time and budgetary constraints. Our commercial real estate brokerage model charts its own course:
- Informed advice: the product of trained minds. Our commercial property Brokerage Team are salaried full time professionals. Hired direct from university they are the outcome of our unique seven year training program which blends mentored commercial real estate work experience, the University of British Columbia’s Diploma in Urban Land Economics (DULE) and Bachelor of Business in Real Estate (BBRE) degree, negotiation courses through Dalhousie and Saint Mary’s universities, and twenty seven “in house” Training Modules.
- Data defines the market. Sellers need buyers; purchasers, vendors; landlords, tenants; renters, space to lease. Commercial brokers bring the parties together, matching industrial, office and retail space with tenants, apartments with multi-family residential investors. Knowledge is king … of commercial real estate supply and the players who provide the demand. Data too on the rents, vacancy, operating costs, real estate taxes, sale prices, zoning, building costs, financing availability … Our Brokerage Team has access to CompuVal® Knowledge Base, our proprietary leading edge IT platform which daily acquires, integrates and analyses sales, assessment, rental, revenue and operating expenses from multiple sources: tracks tenants, purchasers, sellers and landlords … and real estate available from other commercial real estate brokers and the Multiple Listing Services®.
- Specialist skills: a broader perspective. Our Brokerage Team can access the expertise, experience and contacts of our larger commercial real estate team; our six consulting divisions, Valuation & Appraisal, Property Tax, Counselling, Lasercad® Space Measurement, Economic Intelligence (Market Surveys, Site Selection, Trade Area Analysis, Supply & Demand Analysis, Demographic Reports), and Planning. This gives us a much broader perspective on the real estate market than can be achieved only by acting for buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants. Since the experts in our consulting divisions are also active in the real estate markets on a daily basis, viewing activity from a variety of different perspectives, we understand the players and forces at play. It endows our Brokerage Team with knowledge of great breadth and depth.
- Quality control: our cost, not our clients’. We strive to be the benchmark by which others are measured. Every activity is process driven, structured, measured and governed by a quality system registered to the international ISO 9001 standard; we are the only commercial broker in Atlantic Canada so registered. Our Brokerage Team carefully manages each commercial real estate (CRE) process: Vendor, Purchaser, Landlord and Tenant Representation … and every six months we ask our clients to measure our Work Quality Performance.
- Local presence: a national outlook. Our roots have been firmly embedded in Atlantic Canada since 1976. This long term presence, our reputation for excellence, trustworthiness and confidentiality, opens many doors for our Brokerage Team. We started as a professional services firm and have maintained that ethos of client commitment ever since. We commence our commercial brokerage in 1978 acting for property owners renting office, warehouse and retail space or acting as their agent when they were in the real estate market to buy or sell. We were one of the pioneers in the region representing tenants seeking to lease commercial and industrial real estate. From our head office in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) our teams fan out to our regional offices in Toronto, Ontario; Saint John, New Brunswick, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and St. John’s, Newfoundland. Our local presence and national reach allows us to provide real estate advice to international, national, regional and local property owners.
Reap The Reward
We listen to our real estate clients; establish their real property requirements, fiscal and timing goals then deploy a structured program to achieve the optimum result. Excellence is our nom de guerre: we strive to be the benchmark by which others are measured. We are the only commercial real estate broker in Atlantic Canada governed by a quality system registered to the international ISO 9001 standard … and every six months we ask all clients for whom we have done work during the prior six months to rate our Work Quality Performance. We always place the interests of our clients, past and present, before our own by scrupulously avoiding conflicts of interest … and bring humour, passion, curiosity, and an insatiable appetite to learn to every assignment. Apart from that, we are pretty laid back.